Land Rover SUVs get major price revisions in India
Jaguar Land Rover has announced a massive price cut for its SUV models in India. This includes almost Rs 4 lakh off on the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Rs 3 lakh off on the Evoque. Both these models recently went from being CBU to CKD and this explains the price revision. However, JLR isn't just happy lopping off the price of these entry and mid-level SUVs. It has also announced a price cut for the CBUs, namely the Range Rover Sport around Rs 32 lakh while the top-spec Vogue gets an eye popping Rs 50 lakh discount. The reason is said to be the drop in value of the English pound because of Brexit. There is no price revision to the recently launched F-Pace though. In the coming months, the Velar is also expected to make its way to the Indian market.
With these price cuts, JLR hopes to position itself better in the country. With the increasing number of luxury vehicle entering the Indian market, JLR has been facing a stiff competition especially because of the not so impressive number of sales and service outlets compared to its German competition like Mercedes-Benz and Audi.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: MG Motor India record highest ever monthly sales
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained