Land Rover SUVs get major price revisions in India
Jaguar Land Rover has announced a massive price cut for its SUV models in India. This includes almost Rs 4 lakh off on the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Rs 3 lakh off on the Evoque. Both these models recently went from being CBU to CKD and this explains the price revision. However, JLR isn't just happy lopping off the price of these entry and mid-level SUVs. It has also announced a price cut for the CBUs, namely the Range Rover Sport around Rs 32 lakh while the top-spec Vogue gets an eye popping Rs 50 lakh discount. The reason is said to be the drop in value of the English pound because of Brexit. There is no price revision to the recently launched F-Pace though. In the coming months, the Velar is also expected to make its way to the Indian market.
With these price cuts, JLR hopes to position itself better in the country. With the increasing number of luxury vehicle entering the Indian market, JLR has been facing a stiff competition especially because of the not so impressive number of sales and service outlets compared to its German competition like Mercedes-Benz and Audi.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate