Land Rover Discovery Sport to be launched in India on September 2, 2015
Jaguar Land Rover will launch the new Discovery Sport in India on September 2. The company has opened bookings for the SUV at all its dealerships in India.
The Land Rover Discovery Sport was unveiled globally in September 2014. The Discovery Sport is a compact 7-seater SUV that will compete with the BMW X3, Volvo XC60 and Audi Q5. It will be available in India only with 2.2l SD4 and TD4 diesel engines with two-wheel and four-wheel drive options. Depending on the drivetrain selected, Land Rover will offer the Terrain Response system. The 2.2-litre turbo diesel motor produces 140PS of power and 400Nm of torque and will be mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission which enables the Discovery Sport to do 0-100kmph in 10.3s and achieve a max speed of 180kmph. The claimed fuel efficiency is 12.83kmpl.
A 212mm ground clearance is standard on the Land Rover Discovery Sport while the turning radius is 5.8m. The list of standard safety features include ABS, Electronic Traction Control, Dynamic Stability Control and Electric Brake Distribution. There will be four trims on offer- S, SE, HSE and HSE Luxury.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Land Rover Discovery Sport
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52.9 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?