Lamborghini Urus SUV to make over 600PS and 800Nm
More details about Lamborghini's latest offering, the Urus SUV, have come up on the Internet from UK's Auto Express. It puts out some images of a production-ready Lamborghini Urus too. The report states that Lamborghini's latest SUV will produce over 600PS of power and 800Nm of torque from a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine. It will also get a dual-clutch transmission and an all-wheel drive system.
The Lamborghini Urus will also borrow some really cool technology from the Aventador S (which will be launched in India on March 3) like the electronic four-wheel steering and electronic dampers. Lamborghini will also bring out a plug-in hybrid powertrain for the Urus in the future, which will be the brand's first venture into electrification. The Urus is the second SUV from Lamborghini, after the LM002 was pulled out of production in 1993.
Stefano Domenicali, CEO of Lamborghini, told Auto Express that he expects the Urus to account for half of Lamborghini's global sales by the year 2019. He also said that while initial demand for the Urus will be quite high considering how the market reacts to SUVs, the real challenge would be to sustain sales after the first two years. When the Lamborghini Urus is launched globally later this year, the prices will start from around £180,000 (Rs 1.49 crore).
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh