Lamborghini Urus SUV to be on sale by 2018
Lamborghini has just confirmed that it will be sending the Urus into production in 2018. The SUV is expected to be a 600PS lightweight monster with the abilities to provide that full spread of power on-road and even off it. Audi CEO Rupert Stadler confirmed that production of the Urus will take place in Italy at Lamborghini's facility in Sant'Agata Bolognese. The factory will be expanded to a 1,50,000 square metres to accommodate the new production.
The workforce will also be increased by adding 500 new employees. The new developments are a result of the expected tax breaks for SUV production in Italy, announced by Italian Prime Minister, Matteo Renzi, along with Lamborghini CEO Stephen Winkelmann and Audi CEO, Rupert Stadler. Earlier, the Urus was expected to be produced in Slovakia where the Audi Q7 is built since it shares the same underpinnings.
Lamborghini has identified the USA, China, West Asia, United Kingdom, Germany and Russia as its principal markets for the Urus. It is hoping to sell around 3,000 units a year, twice the company's current sales figures, and we have no doubts those numbers will be achieved easily.
It's still too early for details on the new Lamborghini SUV to emerge but engine options could be either a V10 shown on the Beijing concept or a twin-turbocharged V8 that powers the Audi RS 6 and the Bentley Continental GT, as indicated by Rupert Stadler.
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Crore
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh