Lamborghini Urus SUV to be on sale by 2018
Lamborghini has just confirmed that it will be sending the Urus into production in 2018. The SUV is expected to be a 600PS lightweight monster with the abilities to provide that full spread of power on-road and even off it. Audi CEO Rupert Stadler confirmed that production of the Urus will take place in Italy at Lamborghini's facility in Sant'Agata Bolognese. The factory will be expanded to a 1,50,000 square metres to accommodate the new production.
The workforce will also be increased by adding 500 new employees. The new developments are a result of the expected tax breaks for SUV production in Italy, announced by Italian Prime Minister, Matteo Renzi, along with Lamborghini CEO Stephen Winkelmann and Audi CEO, Rupert Stadler. Earlier, the Urus was expected to be produced in Slovakia where the Audi Q7 is built since it shares the same underpinnings.
Lamborghini has identified the USA, China, West Asia, United Kingdom, Germany and Russia as its principal markets for the Urus. It is hoping to sell around 3,000 units a year, twice the company's current sales figures, and we have no doubts those numbers will be achieved easily.
It's still too early for details on the new Lamborghini SUV to emerge but engine options could be either a V10 shown on the Beijing concept or a twin-turbocharged V8 that powers the Audi RS 6 and the Bentley Continental GT, as indicated by Rupert Stadler.
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Crore
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector