KTM's website shows RC200 and RC390 coming soon to India
We were the first to break the news about the faired RC series of the naked Duke 200 and 390. And when KTM unveiled the motorcycles along with the RC125 at EICMA, they were pretty much close to what we had envisaged. But of course these motorcycles coming to India was a given. KTM's India website has now been uploaded with the RC200 and 390 'coming to India soon' tag. While no launch date has been decided yet, it can be safely assumed that Bajaj will showcase the KTM RC200 and RC390 at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 in February.
Both the 200 and 390 RC bikes are based on their naked counterparts but are slightly heavier. The RC200 uses a 25PS 200cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine while the RC390 is powered by a 375cc 43.5PS liquid-cooled single. Both the engines are identical to the 200 and 390 Dukes'. An identical 6-speed transmission is mated to these powerplants. However, typical to supersports, both the RC bikes have a full fairing with twin-projector headlamps and clip-on handlebars. KTM has also revised the steering geometry, redesigned the tank and the bikes also have rearsets. In Europe both the RC bikes have ABS as standard and we expect Bajaj to offer them here as well. Going by the prices of the 200 and 390 Duke, we are confident that Bajaj will price the RC series very competitively in India. Both the bikes will be manufactured at Bajaj's Chakan plant in Pune.
To show the track focussed nature of these bikes, KTM has rolled out a video. Take a look
Starts Rs 2,52,928
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200