KTM RC 390 officially unveiled in Italy
A little more than a week ahead of its launch in India, the KTM RC 390 was officially unveiled at the Modena Autodrome in Italy. Just like the Duke, it gets a single-cylinder engine in the same state of tune at 43PS.
On the outside, its the fairing and the clip-on handlebars that distinguish it from the Duke but there's a lot more to it than just a slightly more radical design - if you've been following our reports on the RC 390 closely, you'll know it features a sharper steering angle that should make the already sharp steering, razor sharp. Other significant changes will include a new 9.5-litre steel fuel tank specifically developed for the RC as well as revised foot pegs and controls for steeper cornering angles. It's also slightly taller than its naked counterpart with better ground clearance at 178.5mm and an extended seat height of 820mm. All the better for going faster around corners at a racetrack Shumi has already taken the 390 Duke to one and we can't wait to take this sprightly 147kg bike out there.
The RC 390 along with the RC 200 hits showrooms in India on September 9 - we'll be there at the launch to furnish you with more updates, regarding the pricing and what it looks like in the flesh.
Source: Motorcycle UAE
Starts Rs 2,48,075
Starts Rs 2,52,928
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200