KTM gives the thumbs up for the E-SPEED electric scooter launch in 2015
So it is finally official! KTM has confirmed that the E-SPEED which it first showcased at the Tokyo Motor Show 2013 will debut in production form as a 2015 model. To recap, the E-SPEED is KTM's second electric bike but it's first for the urban populace. The Freeride E, the other concept for off-roaders will debut as a 2014 model. The KTM E-SPEED weighs in at 140kgs and makes 15PS and 36Nm from its Li-Ion battery pack. KTM says that on a two hour charge, the E-SPEED will cover a distance of 64km. ABS is standard and the E-SPEED also comes with regenerative braking. The KTM E-SPEED's chassis is built of a hybrid trellis frame which is made of light metal. And needless to say, this KTM scooter also is a looker with its signature orange wheel theme and all.
KTM executive board member for business development and production Harald Plockinger says that the company is looking forward to electro-mobility on two wheels and that KTM is convinced that electric mobility will be a success in urban areas.
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh