KTM 390 Dukes and RC motorcycles get slipper clutch in India
The rumours floating around on the interweb are true. KTM will introduce slipper clutch to the new batch of 390 Dukes and RC motorcycles in India. The motorcycles are expected to be in the showrooms in about a month's time and prices will remain unchanged. Prices of the unit have not yet been revealed but we are lead to believe that it should cost around Rs 4-5,000. KTM says that the clutch can technically be retrofitted to existing 390 Dukes and RCs as well although it hasn't been done at this stage.
Slipper clutches essentially prevent the rear wheel from locking up during aggressive downshifts. This helps keep the motorcycle stable while entering corners at high speed or while downshifting hard during emergency braking. Slipper clutches are especially helpful with motorcycles that have lots of engine braking and it makes sense to put it in the KTM motorcycles.
The KTMs are one of the most affordable performance oriented machines in the country today. At the prices the 390 series of KTMs are sold at in India they will probably be among the most affordable motorcycles in the world to come with slipper clutches as standard fitment.
Starts Rs 2,52,928
Starts Rs 2,48,075
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility