Kia SP2i spied once again - India launch soon
After the Korean manufacturer's recent inauguration of a showroom in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, Kia SP2i was spotted on test. It is likely that Kia will dub the SP2i as the Tusker, essentially a Hyundai Creta equivalent compact SUV based on the SP concept which was showcased in the 2018 Delhi Auto Expo.
The test mule sported chrome finished five spokes alloy wheels and also displayed the disc brake setup for the rear wheels. This suggests that the upcoming Kia SP2i compact SUV will have disc brake setup for all four wheels. On the styling front, the compact SUV is expected to stay loyal to its concept.
The soon expected Tusker is expected to have a newly developed 1.5L petrol and diesel engines that will be compliant with the BS-IV norms which will be imposed from April 1, 2020.
The Kia Tusker will be manufactured at the company's plant in Andhra Pradesh which will not only make the cars for the Indian market but will cater to the international market as well. It is highly anticipated that the next-generation Hyundai Creta will borrow the drivetrain from Kia's. Post its debut, Kia's compact SUV will rival the Nissan Kicks, Tata Harrier and the Hyundai Creta.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year