Kia rebrands itself, unveils new logo and slogan
As we reported earlier, Kia is rebranding itself in the new year, with a new logo to show for it. The new logo, designed to resemble a handwritten signature, is meant to symbolise the manufacturer's brand new purpose which is yet to be officially revealed, towards becoming an icon for change and progress. The brand's new slogan has also been revealed - 'Movement that inspires'. The new logo was previewed on the Imagine by Kia all-electric concept car first seen at the Geneva auto show.
The rebranding comes ahead of the reveal of a new brand purpose and strategy later this month. The exercise comes as part of Kia's Plan S long-term business strategy, which includes the launch of 25 new EVs by 2025, an ambitious goal indeed. Under Plan S, Kia is aiming for a 6.6 per cent global EV market share, and reach 25 per cent of its total sales via eco-friendly models. Kia also plans to nurture "key developed markets" as major bases for its EVs, while offering derivative electric models with differentiated pricing and specification - pointing to greater diversity overall. The total planned investment to undertake Plan S stands at $25 billion, until the end of 2025.
- 2021 Kawasaki ZX10R road test review
- Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus: Engine specifications compared
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Electric vehicles-and driving with only one pedal
- MotoGP 2021: What is arm pump, and how did it cost Quartararo the win at the Spanish GP?