Kia Motors next-generation Sorento SUV details unveiled
Kia Motors announced the details of the Sorento SUV ahead of its debut at 2020 Geneva Motor Show. The Sorento SUV is based on a new platform developed by Kia to enhance wheelbase which sits at 2,815mm, and to provide a compact engine bay structure. With this new platform, the Sorento will come with an increased length by 10mm and wheelbase by 35mm over its predecessor. Apart from the new platform, the Sorento gets a tiger-nose grille, a signature of Kia's design philosophy surrounded by LED headlamps. Kia will showcase the Sorento at the upcoming 2020 Geneva Motor Show.
Under the hood, the Sorento will feature three engine options, one hybrid and two diesel. The hybrid comes with a combination of a 1.6-litre petrol engine and 44.2kW electric motor which together churns out 230PS and 350Nm. The electric motor is supported by a 1.49kWh lithium-ion battery pack which is planted beneath the passenger cell.
Other two engine options include a 2.2-litre diesel engine which produces 202PS and 440Nm and a 2.5-litre diesel engine producing 281PS and 421Nm, both coupled with an 8-speed automatic transmission. Out of the two, the former 2.2-litre diesel is expected to come to India.
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 33.24 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?