Kia Motors looking to expand sales network to 300 touchpoints by mid-2020
Kia Motors India is looking to expand its sales footprint significantly by the end of this fiscal year. It currently has 260 outlets but is hoping to improve this count with 50 more locations. The brand has seen immense success with its first product, the Kia Seltos SUV, and has had to significantly ramp up its operations here to meet demand.
The Korean carmaker has over 62,000 bookings for the Seltos since it started accepting orders in July. The company has also started a second shift at its Anantpur facility, increasing production from 6,500 units to 13,000 units. Over 33,000 units of the Seltos have been delivered so far.
The firm also has an aggressive expansion strategy in place. It plans on launching a new car every six months for the next three years. This will include high-end niche models like the Carnival MPV that is set to debut in the next few months and more mainstream models like the Venue-derived QYi sub-four-metre SUV.
Manohar Bhat, Head of Marketing and Sales, Kia Motors India, told a news outlet, "We started with 260 odd touchpoints and now, we intend to increase the count by another 50. There are certain areas like the northeast, the northern part of Telangana, Karnataka, western Rajasthan, etc, where we are not very well represented. So, we are looking to plug such gaps."
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.74 Lakhs
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport