Kia Carens to soon be available in CNG form?
The rising fuel prices are causing many customers to make the switch to CNG. The latest entrant in the CNG space could possibly be Kia after the Kia Carens MPV was spotted testing with a CNG powertrain.
As a first for India, we believe Kia and Hyundai are working on turbo-petrol-CNG models. A CNG kit, a CNG-filler cap on the side and the turbo-petrol registration were all seen on the Kia Carens quite recently.
Kia has clearly chosen the 1.4L turbo petrol engine for the CNG alternative. The vehicle also has a 1.5L NA petrol engine, although this engine may be unsuitable for 6-7 passengers and baggage.
The 1.4L turbocharged petrol engine makes 140PS and 242 Nm of torque. The engine is predicted to produce less power and torque with a factory-installed CNG kit. A 6-speed manual transmission will be standard.
Notable features in the Kia Carens include a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment with eight-speaker Bose audio, 64-colour ambient lighting, air purifier, connected-car tech, ventilated front seats, wireless charging, sunroof, 16-inch dual-tone alloys, LED DRLS and headlamps and LED taillamps.
Starts Rs 8.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 59.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.71 Lakhs
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30