Kawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
Kawasaki released a teaser video on Monday hinting at a new supercharged motorcycle from the 'Z' family. The Japanese manufacturer seems to be in the mood to treat its naked roadsters just as their Kawasaki Ninja H2 sport motorcycle, Kawasaki H2R track-ready motorcycle and the Kawasaki H2 SX sports tourer.
The teaser video is an animated representation of a supercharger and ends with a glimpse of 'Z'. Going by the tradition of Kawasaki unveiling motorcycles at EICMA, it is safe to say that the upcoming supercharged Z will be showcased at EICMA 2019 in Milan, Italy.
The motorcycle could be based on an all-new platform but the power source could be a new iteration of the older engine design. That could offer more usable power outputs at lower revs. The styling could be a more aggressive form of the 'Sumogi' design language that we see on the current Z1000.
Like the H2, Kawasaki will bring their new offering to the Indian market but not so soon. Expect the new supercharged Z to hit the Indian showrooms by mid or late 2020.
Starts Rs 15,60,000
Starts Rs 4,69,000
Starts Rs 34,50,000
Starts Rs 7,99,000
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details
- FeaturesDefinitive luxury
- NewsAll-electric GMC Hummer unveiled, with 1,000PS and 560+km driving range