Kawasaki Z800 price slashed by Rs 50,000 in India
A rarity this is, however definitely not something which can be ruled out. While the ill-fated Suzuki Inazuma had its prices slashed by almost a lakh last year, Kawasaki has now followed suit. It has reduced prices of its Z800 motorcycle by Rs 50,000. This price reduction is applicable only on the Z800 as of now up till March 2015 end. Kawasaki says that depending on the local taxation, the benefits could just be a bit more than Rs 50,000. The new price of the Z800 now, ex-showroom Pune is Rs 7.35 lakh.
The price reduction originally occurred in Thailand which is where the Z800 is manufactured and then brought to India. Other Kawasaki models are made at the company's Japanese facility and hence do not benefit from the price cut. The Z800 price reduction comes at a time when the Indian government has removed excise duty benefits on cars and motorcycles from January 1, 2015. Most manufacturers have increased the prices of their offerings to combat the costs. Will Kawasaki extend the benefits on the Z800, post March 2015? We will have to wait and see.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Kawasaki Z800
Starts Rs 9,99,000
Starts Rs 15,60,000
Starts Rs 8,84,000
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Near-production Citroen C3 spotted in India ahead of launch
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh