Kawasaki Z250 street naked motorcycle discontinued in India
Kawasaki Z250 street naked motorcycle has been discontinued in India. The Japanese motorcycle manufacturer ceased the sales of the Z250 and the motorcycle has been unlisted from the company's website as well.
The Z250 in its time on sale in India never had impressive sales numbers. This could be narrowed down to the Kawasaki Ninja 300 undercutting the Z250 post its heavy localisation.
The Kawasaki Z250 was priced at Rs 3.08 lakh whereas the Ninja 300 is currently priced at Rs 2.98 lakh (both prices ex-showroom). The Ninja 300 offers a bigger engine and a fully faired design. More motorcycle for lesser money makes the Ninja 300 the most popular choice in Kawasaki India's stable.
Kawasaki Ninja 300
Also, making the Z250 BSVI compliant could have been an expensive affair for an already pricy motorcycle. The Z250 offered a 250cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine that produced 32PS. The engine was mated to a six-speed gearbox. The Kawasaki Z250 rivalled the Benelli TNT 300 and the KTM 390 Duke.
With the Z250 out of the picture, the Kawasaki Z650 becomes the entry level motorcycle in the Z family which is priced at Rs 4.99 lakh ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 2,98,000
Starts Rs 13,99,000
Starts Rs 5,94,000
Starts Rs 2,52,928
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand
- NewsConfirmed: Hero MotoCorp to offer sales and service support for Harley-Davidson in India