Kawasaki launches Z1000 and Ninja 1000 in India at Rs 12.5 lakh ex-Pune - live updates
We are at Hyatt Pune for the launch of the Kawasaki Z1000 and, surprise, surprise! The Kawasaki Ninja 1000 is also here. So the big news is that along the naked Z1000, India will also be getting the faired Ninja 1000.
With these launches, Kawasaki will have a total of six bikes on sale in India. The Ninja 300 and 650 are assembled in India at Bajaj's Chakan plant. The other two full imports are the ZX10R and ZX14R.
Both the litre class bikes feature the same 142PS/111Nm four cylinder engine. They get the 1043cc liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve in-line four engine with digital fuel injection.
Both will make 142PS of power at 1000rpm and 111Nm of peak torque at 7300rpm.
What you see is what you'll get. Both bikes will come in a single colour scheme. Yuki Horiuchi, MD of Kawasaki India, showcasing the Z1000 at Hyatt Pune
It is official! Both bikes will cost Rs 12.5 lakh ex-Delhi as well as ex-Pune.
Starts Rs 15,60,000
Starts Rs 9,99,000
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate