Kamal Basu appointed as Skoda Indias marketing head
Skoda India has appointed former Saatchi & Saatchi CEO Kamal Basu as the new marketing head. He will now handle the marketing and communications department and also will be responsible for brand positioning. After completing his studies from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Basu joined the advertising industry and has worked with reputed media houses.
Thomas Kuehl, member of the board and director of sales and marketing for Skoda Auto India said, "Skoda Auto India is pleased to appoint Basu as the marketing head. We are confident that he will be successful in driving the communication of Skoda's central philosophy of 'Clever engineering with a human touch' and the attitude of 'Listen closely to customers' wishes' to the consumers."
On his joining Skoda, Basu said, "I am honoured to now lead Skoda Auto India's marketing and communications function and play an integral part in the brand's journey in India."
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range