Jeep 551 rendered prior to reveal in Sao Paolo
A speculative rendering of the Jeep 551 (also goes by the name, C-SUV) has showed up on internet, ahead of its launch at the 2016 Sao Paolo Motor Show. The Jeep 551 is going to be one of the most important launches for the company as it plans to replace the Jeep Compass and Patriot, serving as their second-gen model. It will also be manufactured in India at the Fiat plant in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra, sometime in 2017.
The render has been done by Quatro Rodas and is based on spy shots of the 551. Based on the render, it's easy to spot design cues heavily derived from the new Grand Cherokee. The headlights, grille and body lines are all downsized for the segment, making it look like a younger sibling to the Grand Cherokee.
The Jeep 551 or C-SUV will be based on the Fiat 500X and the Jeep Renegade's platform. Since it will be manufactured in India, expect a right-hand drive variant to also be on offer for similar markets. The 551 is expected to launch with two engine options a 2.0-litre Tigershark petrol producing 164PS and a 2.0-litre MultiJet II diesel producing 170PS. The engines are likely to be mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 9-speed automatic transmission. Expect the Jeep 551 to take on the likes of the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner when it launches.
Source: Quatro Rodas
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.66 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application