Jawa Perak Bobber to be launched in India tomorrow
Jawa Perak, the bobber style motorcycle that was showcased last year alongside the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two will be launched in India tomorrow i.e November 15, 2019. Jawa priced the Perak at Rs 1.89 lakh ex-showroom, but factoring in the added cost over the past year, Jawa will introduce the Perak at a revised price.
The key highlight of the Perak is the styling which is inspired by Jawa Perak that was showcased at the 1946 Paris Motor Show during World War II. Teardrop tank design with low-slung and floating seat, the motorcycle pays homage to the two-wheeler from the yesteryears. However, the production-ready motorcycle is likely to have a pillion seat for more practicality.
The Jawa Perak Bobber also gets a larger capacity engine. A 334cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine that puts out 30PS and 31Nm of torque. The higher capacity is a result of a bigger bore on the Jawa's 293cc engine while keeping the stroke length same. Most likely, the Bobber will be the first motorcycle to roll off Jawa's assembly line with a BSVI compliant engine. The gearbox on offer will be the same 6-speed unit.
The Perak is expected to see an ex-showroom cost of sub-Rs 2 lakh. That said, the motorcycle will be the most affordable Bobber in the country and carve a niche for itself in the market.
Also see: BSVI Jawa Perak Bobber | First Look
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh