Jawa motorcycles to begin deliveries from March 25
Jawa motorcycles stated on their official handle that the company will begin deliveries of their Jawa and Jawa Forty Two from March 25, 2019. The deliveries will be as per the booking numbers.
The bookings for the Jawa and the Jawa Forty Two began last year, however, the company ceased to accept booking on December 25, 2018. As stated, the company sold out all the units of the motorcycles until September 2019. Both bikes are powered by a 293cc, liquid-cooled, single cylinder engine that offer 27PS and 28Nm - mated to a six-speed gearbox.
At the time of launch, the Jawa and the Jawa Forty Two were priced at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh respectively. Later, the addition of an Antilock braking system made the bike dearer to its customers by Rs 8,942. The Jawa rivals the likes of Royal Enfield Classic 350 which is priced at Rs 1.47 ex-showroom Mumbai.
The bikes will be manufactured at Mahindra's production facility at Pithampur near Indore in Madhya Pradesh. The production models of both the Jawas are expected to reach dealerships, although this could delay the launch of the third motorcycle from Jawa, the Perak. The Perak uses a bored out version of the Jawa's engine to offer 30PS and 31Nm. The bobber will be priced at Rs 1.89 lakh ex-showroom.
Also see: Jawa Forty Two | Road Test Review
Starts Rs 1,84,374
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector