Jaguar XE to be showcased at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo
Jaguar will unveil its latest mid-size luxury sports sedan for the Indian audience at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. The car which features an aluminium intensive construction will debut with the British carmaker's new Ingenium line of petrol and diesel engines. For India, Jaguar is expected to bring in the diesel motor first while a petrol motor may follow later. These engines will be mated to a 6-speed manual or 8-speed ZF auto box.
The XE will rival the new Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 and the Volvo S60 in India. Jaguar, however, is expected to position the car similar to the new C-Class, since it will only offer a fully loaded spec. There is no confirmation yet on whether the car will be fully imported or assembled at the company's Pune facility. Owing to the fact that a CBU import would raise the price tag by a significant margin over its competitors, it would only be logical for the company to opt for local assembly.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Jaguar XE:
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 42.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 55 Lakhs
- Mahindra drop another teaser showing off the upcoming EVs infotainment
- Helmet cameras are now a punishable offence in Kerala
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Top-5 best selling cars for July 2022
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh