Jaguar XE to be launched in India on February 3
Jaguar have announced that the all-new XE will be launched in India on February 3, 2016. Jaguar showrooms have also started accepting bookings for the XE compact luxury sedan. The booking amount is Rs 5 lakh. Once launched, the Jaguar XE will rival the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, Volvo S60 and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Jaguar will assemble the XE in India at its Pune plant.
Globally, the Jaguar XE is available with a range of 2-litre petrol and diesel engines in two states of tune. In India, the XE will be offered with the petrol engine in two states of tune-200PS and 240.63PS. Jaguar is also expected to offer the XE only with an 8-speed automatic. Globally, Jaguar also offers the option of a six-speed manual.
Rohit Suri, president, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd, said: "The all-new Jaguar XE displays levels of innovation never seen before in this segment. Coming from an impeccable lineage of extraordinary Jaguar sports saloons, we are confident that XE's thrilling performance and dynamic design will set a new standard for excellence and will be a game changer in the segment. The launch of the XE in petrol in February this year will flag-off our journey to enter into a new territory and mark a significant milestone in the expansion of Jaguar's product offering in India."
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Jaguar XE, click here
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 42.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh