Jaguar XE production starts at JLR's Solihull factory
Jaguar Land Rover's manufacturing facility in Solihull has begun production of the new India-bound Jaguar XE. The entry-level premium saloon is Jaguar's bid to take on the entry level cars from the German trio of Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi.
The commencement of production of a Jaguar model is a significant milestone since the Solihull plant used to only produce Land Rover vehicles. The Solihull plant is designated as the plant where JLR's new models will roll off the assembly line. The much anticipated Jaguar F-Pace will also be produced at this plant.
Jaguar will launch the new XE at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. The initial units will be CBUs though we can expect a CKD assembly at a later date. The Jaguar XE will sport a range of engine options including the new. There are two transmissions on offer. a six-speed and an eight-speed . It is believed that the India spec car will get the eight-speed transmission.
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 62.17 Lakhs
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: MG Motor India record highest ever monthly sales
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained