Jaguar XE 2-litre diesel bookings open in India
Jaguar launched the XE sedan last year in India to take on the likes of the BMW 3 Series and the Mercedes Benz C-Class. The Jaguar XE is available in three variants - Pure at Rs 39.9 lakh, Prestige at Rs 43.69 lakh and Portfolio Rs 47.99 lakh (ex-Mumbai). Presently, the XE sedan is offered only with the 2.0-litre petrol motor. However, the company will soon be launching the diesel version of the XE. Jaguar dealerships all across the country have already started taking bookings for the sedan for a token amount of Rs 5 lakh.
Jaguar has also confirmed that it will be launching the XE diesel by the end of this month. We believe Jaguar will use the same 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel engine that does duty in the XF sedan. This 2.0-litre diesel motor comes in two states of tune - 180PS/430Nm and 240PS/340Nm. We believe Jaguar will also offer both of these options on the XE diesel to cater to a wider audience. Both the motors are offered with an 8-speed automatic transmission as standard. The petrol Jaguar XE comes equipped with a 2.0-litre motor that puts out 200PS and 320Nm of torque.
The Jaguar XE has not been one of the most popular choices compared to the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class due to its premium positioning. The diesel model of the XE can play an instrumental role in increasing the appeal of this baby Jaguar in India.
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 42.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Scrappage Policy - A crucial joint representation made to the government to save vehicles older than 30 years
- Government proposes 'IN' series of vehicle numbers to simplify re-registrations