Jaguar Land Rover may drop V8 engines from its global line-up
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) vehicles including the Jaguar F-Type SVR and the Range Rover Sport SVR could lose their unique soundtrack as the the manufacturer may drop the V8 engine option from its line-up altogether. Reports state that this termination could still be a few years away. JLR has plans to refresh its entire global line-up from 2018-2024. This process will not only lead to design updates and increasing the number of electrified models, but also an overhaul of its conventionally-fuelled engine options.
As part of this engine development, JLR is working on new inline-six and three-cylinder engines. All engines will come fitted with electric turbochargers. However, there is no new V8 under development. While there is no word from the manufacturer, reports suggest that JLR will end the use of V8 power in its vehicles.
And while six cylinders may not sound as great as eight, we are sure that JLR will work its magic on these smaller engines to produce a new signature soundtrack. Performance abilities and response may also not be a concern with the introduction of electric turbochargers on the smaller engines. The timeline on the debut of these engines is not out yet.
Starts Rs 95.12 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector