Jaguar F-Type to launch in India on July 8
Jaguar is planning to launch its open-top sportscar, the F-Type, in Indian markets on July 8. The announcement came via the company's Facebook page.
Lana Del Ray with the Jaguar
The F-Type will be available in two engine variants, namely the V6 S and the V8 S. The 3-litre V6 engine produces 380PS and 460Nm of torque. The other powerhouse, the 5-litre V8, churns out 495PS and 625Nm of torque. The ZF 8-speed automatic transmission is common to both variants. The V6 does a 0-100 dash in 5.3 seconds while the V8 does the same in about 4.3 seconds. The former can do a top speed of about 275kmph and the V8 tops out at 300kmph.
The cockpit of the F-Type is designed on the "1+1 philosophy" driver centric layout with an asymmetric central tunnel that has a prominent grab handle mounted on it. Top-of-the-line technology meets good design in the interiors of the F-Type, which sport a thick-rimmed, small steering wheel and a gearshift selector instead of Jaguar's typical rotary dial.
The F-Type is expected to be priced in the region of ? 70 lakhs to ? 1 crore. The pricing will be done keeping in mind its competition in the form of Porsche's 911, Boxster and the recently launched Cayman S.
Starts Rs 95.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.05 Crore
- First Ola electric car to be a large sedan
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift: Prices and variants explained
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works