Jaguar F-Type SVR bookings open in India, priced at Rs 2.65 crore (ex-showroom India)
Jaguar Land Rover announced today that the company has started accepting bookings for its flagship sports car, the Jaguar F-Type SVR in India. It is available in both coupe and convertible form, starting at Rs 2.65 crore (ex-showroom India)
The Jaguar F-Type SVR gets powered by the same supercharged 5.0-litre V8 that also drives the F-Type R. However, the new car, which we drove recently, has been worked on by JLR's Special Vehicle Operations and F-Type SVR's engine now makes a higher 567PS of power and 700Nm of torque compared to the F-Type R's 542PS and 680Nm. The engine comes mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox and power gets sent to all wheels. The F-Type SVR can accelerate from 0-100kmph in 3.7 seconds and gets to a top speed of 322 kmph.
Other changes to set this car apart are the lightweight titanium and inconel exhaust system that saves 16 kg. New 20-inch alloy wheels save a further 13.8 kg, while the use of a new, larger rear bearing enables an increased stiffness of up to 37 % higher than the conventional F-Type. The F-Type SVR gets new Pirelli P-Zero tyres which are 10mm wider. The SVR also gets lightweight magnesium construction seats which save 8 kgs more.
Also see: 2019 Jaguar F-Type P300 | Road Test
Starts Rs 95.12 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July