Jaguar F-Pace to be launched in India at Rs 68.40 lakh
Jaguar Land Rover has just announced the prices of the F-Pace SUV which will be launched in India on October 20. Jaguar will sell its first SUV at a starting price of Rs 68.40 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the base 2.0-litre Pure variant while the variant above that, the Prestige, which features the same engine, will cost Rs 74.50 lakh. However, there is a steep increase in price for the next two variants featuring the 3.0-litre diesel engine Rs 1.02 crore and Rs 1.12 crore for the R-Sport and First Edition trims.
The 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine produces 180PS of power at 4,000rpm and 430Nm of torque from 1,750-2,500rpm. Jaguar claims that this variant will go from 0-100kmph in 8.7 seconds with a top speed of 208kmph. The larger 3.0-litre, which is a V6, puts out a good 300PS of power at 4,000 rpm and 700Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. This variant, according to the company, will do 0-100kmph in just 6.2 seconds, while the top speed is set at 241kmph. Both these engines, which are part of JLR's Ingenium diesel engines, will come with an 8-speed automatic gearbox and an all-wheel drive system.
Based on the CX-17 concept, the F-Pace is built using Jaguar Land Rover's Lightweight Aluminium Architecture which, according to the brand, has helped achieve a near 50:50 weight distribution.
Also from OVERDRIVE on the Jaguar F-Pace:
Starts Rs 62.17 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review