Is Honda building a mini Africa Twin?
Honda launched the latest Africa Twin 1100 in India earlier this month and the price tag has also gone further with the newer tech and the bigger engine. Also, on Indian roads and even Indian off-roads, the 1100 is always a bit too big and now with its price tag, a bit too far too.
That is when news of a smaller, easier to handle and easier to reach Africa Twin quickly gains momentum. Now, the news of a 700-800cc mini Africa Twin have been doing rounds since 2017 but this time, we hope it turns out to be true.
That's because, as the Africa Twin goes further up the segments, the gap between the smaller CRFs (up to 450cc) and the CRF1100 has become a bit too wide. Of course there are other options, the XR650 which is a bit too 'enduro' and the Crossrunner 800 is a bit too heavy. And that really makes a solid case for Honda to build a 750cc parallel-twin powered Africa Twin.
It can then take on the Yamaha Tenere 700 and the KTM 790 Adventure. At the same time, it could undercut the new Triumph Tiger 900 not only in terms of price, but also as a lighter, more manageable motorcycle. It could have both the manual and the DCT gearbox options and the automatic can certainly be a USP in the middle-weight ADV segment.
Starts Rs 13,70,000
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base