Intermot 2018: 2019 Suzuki Katana 1000 revealed
Suzuki has finally taken the wraps off the 2019 Katana 1000 at the International Motorcycle Fair - Intermot 2018 in Cologne, Germany. The new Katana revives a moniker that Suzuki first introduced in 1981. The original Suzuki Katana 1100S was touted by the company as the fastest mass production motorcycle in the world. Given that lofty history, and the current trend of retro-inspired motorcycles, it was only a matter of time that a new-age Suzuki Katana made its debut. The 2019 Suzuki Katana 1000 is based on the GSX-S1000 naked motorcycle. Suzuki had been teasing the motorcycle for a bit before its debut.
The 2019 Suzuki Katana 1000 comes powered by a GSX-R1000 K5 engine with 152PS, housed in GSX-S underpinnings. The swingarm also comes from GSX-R swingarm, upside down forks, radially mounted Brembo front calipers. However, the design which comes highly inspired from the original, adds about 6kg to the new Katana over the GSX-S1000, taking the weight to 215kg.
There are Katana labels on the dash, as well as on the body graphics. The iconic fairing incorporating a floating rectangular headlamp (now an LED unit) which transitions into the tank sides is retained. The look is more butch than the original and the stance is squarer now. This is one nostalgic machine and anyone from the 80s generation, who had anything to do with motorcycles, grew up with a poster of this beautiful motorcycle.
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020