Intermot 2016: BMW showcases 2017 K1600GT
At the ongoing Intermot 2016 event in Cologne, BMW has showcased the new K1600GT which is the brand's super-tourer. The changes that the 2017 BMW K1600GT gets include a revised front section with larger extensions on the side. BMW also states that with the redesigned side trim parts and enlarged slipstream, the wind and weather protection has been improved.
The 2016 BMW K1600GT also gets three new colours. mars red metallic, blackstorm metallic and lupine blue metallic / blackstorm metallic. The instrument cluster has been updated with a new speedometer along with K1600 GT inscription.
It comes with the same 6-cylinder in-line engine that makes 160 PS of power and generates a torque of 175 Nm. The new motor is also Euro 4 compliant. The K1600GT also gets a reverse assist.
The new K 1600 GT gets electronically controlled suspension with different adjustment modes namely 'road' and 'dynamic', which BMW claims to have improved the riding experience and comfort compared to the previous model. In the standard setting road, damping adaptation is fully automated across the entire range, thereby offering the highest level of comfort and traction over different surfaces. The spring preload too can be adjusted electrically as the press of a button. The position of the handlebars too can be adjusted according to the desired preference. In the dynamic mode, the suspension firms up for a sportier ride
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions