Intermot 2016: 2017 Kawasaki Z650 details revealed
Apart from the new 2017 Z900, Kawasaki revealed details of the new Z650. Both motorcycles are scheduled to make their public debut at the EICMA show next month. The 2017 Kawasaki Z650 will replace the ER-6n.
Since it will be a member of the Z family, the styling of the 2017 Kawasaki Z650 has been inspired from the Sugomi design theme. Compared to the Kawasaki ER-6n, the Z650 looks sharper and more aggressive. The Z650 gets an all-new steel trellis frame that is shared with the 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650.
Along with the chassis, the Z650 will also share the 649cc parallel twin engine with the 2017 Ninja 650. This engine is now Euro-IV compliant and Kawasaki has retuned it to improve low- and mid-range torque delivery. The engine gets longer header pipes, 36mm throttle bodies, new air-box along with a new intake and exhaust cams. The engine will get coupled to a 6-speed gearbox.
The Z650 is expected to weigh 187kg and will come equipped with a slipper clutch as standard. It will have a seat height of 790mm and come equipped with the Bosch 9.1M ABS unit. Once launched, it will offer buyers the choice of four colour options - pearl flat stardust white/metallic spark black, candy lime green/metallic spark black, metallic flat spark black/metallic spark black and metallic raw titanium/metallic spark black.
We expect the new Kawasaki Z650 to be launched in India sometime next year.
Starts Rs 5,94,000
Starts Rs 6,24,000
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector