Indian Scout launched at an attractive Rs 11.99 lakh
Barely three weeks after the international unveiling at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Indian has launched the brand new Scout in India at an unexpected and appealing starting price of Rs 11.99 lakh. This is actually lower than the price estimated earlier and places it bang in the middle of the cruiser market, currently dominated by Harley-Davidson.
The Scout is one of Indian's most fabled offerings, having made its appearance in television (the Yard Sale episode from Modern Family), films (World's Fastest Indian) and books. The new Scout aims at providing the same dose of sportiness with a retro-modern feel. Power comes from a new liquid cooled 1131cc V-twin engine that makes 100PS at 8,100rpm and 97.7Nm at 5,900rpm. Performance seems promising considering that the bike weighs a relatively low 253kg (kerb).
Indian India is already taking bookings for the Scout and deliveries will commence later this year.
More about the Scout, right here on OVERDRIVE: -
Starts Rs 12,69,500
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate