Indian Oil launches XP100 100-octane petrol in India
Indian Oil launched the country's first 100-octane rated fuel in the country earlier this month. The premium fuel is branded XP100 and offers the highest octane rating of any premium-grade fuel in the country. Standard BSVI-compliant petrol is rated at 91 octane. The new fuel is aimed at owners of high-end performance cars and bikes.
Indian Oil XP100 will be rolled out across 15 cities in India. In the first phase that began with the launch on December 1 at select outlets, the fuel has been made available in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Agra, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad. This will be followed by an expansion to Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Bhubaneswar. These cities have bee chosen based on aspirational demographics and availability of high-end vehicles.
The 100-octane rating brings with it faster acceleration, better engine performance, improved drivability, enhanced fuel economy and engine life. Indian Oil says XP100 exceeds IS-2796 specifications and is also an environment-friendly fuel with reduced tailpipe emissions. With the introduction of XP100, India is one of only six countries including USA and Germany where 100-octane fuel is available.
Shrikant Madhav Vaidya, Chairman of IndianOil said of this launch, "XP100 is an ultra-modern, ultra-premium product designed to thrill your senses. It is the finest grade of petrol to give your vehicle higher power and performance and give you a delightful drive."
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh