Indian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively
The styling of 1200 has been inspired by the company's championship-winning Flat Track Racer (FTR) 750. As the body style demands, the FTR 1200s get minimum body panels. The handlebar setup is set low and the trellis frame of the motorcycle is exposed. The motorcycle gets alloy wheels, and the exhaust has an upswept design too.
The headlamp unit is an all-LED unit and the instrument cluster is mounted right above it. The instrument cluster is a 4.3-inch touchscreen unit. The engine is a 1203cc V-twin unit that is good enough for 124PS and 118Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The electronics include riding modes such as sport, standard and rain. The motorcycle gets a switchable ABS (antilock braking system). The motorcycle gets a 6-axis inertia management unit for an advanced traction and stability control.
In India, the Indian FTR 1200 S rivals the Ducati Scrambler 1100 and BMW R nineT Scrambler.
Starts Rs 15,99,000
Starts Rs 7,89,000
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application