Suzuki S-Cross diesel gets a twin clutch automatic gearbox
The Suzuki S-Cross has got a new twin clutch automatic gearbox. The crossover which will be unveiled in its India-spec a few hours from now, has just received this update for the UK market.
The Suzuki S-Cross sold globally comes with petrol and diesel engines. However, the Twin Clutch System by Suzuki or TCSS as they call it will make it only to the diesel 4WD variant. The 6-speed transmission is actually an AMT which is actuated by two hydraulic clutches. The system is similar to VW's DSG boxes and is expected to be devoid of the jerky nature of regular AMTs.
The engine of choice, as discussed before is the 120PS/320Nm diesel motor sourced from Fiat. The fuel efficiency for the S-Cross with AMT is less than its manual counterpart. The AMT version weighs a little more as well.
Maruti Suzuki will be unveiling the crossover today for the Indian market. Stay tuned for more.
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia