India bound Next-Generation Honda Jazz could be showcased at 2019 Tokyo Motor Show
As reported earlier, the Japanese are already testing the next generation of the Honda Jazz. The hatchback is expected to land on the Indian shore by early next year. That said, the next-generation Honda Jazz could debut at the 2019 Tokyo Motorshow which will be held in October. The third generation Honda Jazz could be a part of Honda's plans to launch six cars in the India market by 2020.
The cosmetic changes on the upcoming 2020 Jazz include a new fascia. The styling would inculcate a new projector headlamp unit which could be LED powered .and chunky bumpers. The cabin is expected to be lifted with premium features to be at par with its competition i.e the Hyundai Elite i20 and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
The new Jazz is expected to be based on an all-new platform which can house both Internal combustion (petrol and diesel) engines and a hybrid or a fully electric drivetrain. This can serve well in the international markets as well as domestic whilst giving the manufacturer an opportunity to price the B-segment hatchback very aggressively.
It is very unlikely that Honda India will offer any other engines other than the 1.2-litre Petrol engine and a 1.5-litre diesel engine, though the engine will be reworked to meet the BSVI emission norms. The new hatch will be offered with a choice of an automatic transmission as well.
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand