2015 Frankfurt Motor Show: India-bound BMW 3 Series facelift revealed
The changes reveal new headlamps and tail lamps for which customers can also opt for LED units. LED turn indicators are now placed just above the headlights. The signature BMW corona rings around the beam bulbs are now semi-circular. LED daytime running lights are standard. And in the fashion of most BMWs of today, the kidney grilles merge with the headlamps. The front also gets a revised bumper with large air dams.
At the rear, the lamps get BMW's distinctive L-shaped LED light bars. BMW says that the LED lights also respond quicker. The rear bumper gets subtle changes too.
According to BMW, the interior is made using high quality materials. New features include cup holders placed on the centre console.
There is no word yet on engine upgrades but we can expect BMW to plonk in its latest engines with the company's twin power turbo technology. According to the Munich-based carmaker, the engines deliver excellent fuel economy, without diluting the performance of the car.
We expect BMW to launch the updated 3 Series in India sometime later this year.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE from the Frankfurt Motor Show 2015, click here
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector