India-bound Audi e-tron becomes Europe's most popular electric SUV
The Audi e-tron has become the most popular electric SUV in Europe, after the Ingolstadt firm delivered 17,641 units of the EV globally in the first half of 2020. Audi also says that the e-tron is the most popular electric SUV in its segment globally. In fact, sales of the e-tron have grown by almost 87 per cent over the past year.
Since the debut of the e-tron SUV, the family has grown to include the e-tron Sportback, e-tron S and e-tron Sportback S. The top-spec e-tron 55 has 436 km range on the WLTP cycle, which the Sportback better by 10 km. It is fed by a liquid-cooled 95 kWh lithium-ion battery between the two axles. This powers two electric motors, one on each axle, for a combined output of 265 kW and 561 Nm, and AWD capabilities.
The electric SUV can get from zero to 100 kmph in 6.6s and on to a 200 kmph top-speed. A boost function is available which increases outputs to 300 kW and 664 Nm, and drops the acceleration time to 5.7s.
The e-tron is most popular in Norway, where astonishingly, it makes up 92 per cent of all Audis sold. It is a similar case in Iceland with 93 per cent. The e-tron also accounts for 12 and 14 per cent of all Audis sold in Sweden and Israel respectively.
In 2021, Audi will grow the e-tron line of EVs further with the Q4 e-tron twins and the e-tron GT. In India, Audi has already showcased the e-tron and has been studying market conditions to bring it in at an opportune time.
Watch the video review below
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200