India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3 revealed
Yamaha has just unveiled the third generation of the YZF-R3. The 2019 Yamaha R3 will be launched globally early next year, and it should reach India later in the year. The big update on the 2019 YZF-R3 is the sharp styling which Yamaha says is heavily inspired from the litre-class YZF-R1, which itself if a derivation of the latest Factory Yamaha YZR-M1 MotoGP machine. The Yamaha YZF-R3 foregoes its slightly conservative styling to adopt more much sharper design lines, and it's a looker! But that isn't all.
There are also some changes to improve the ride quality. Chief among these are the new inverted 37mm front forks from KYB. These help improve the rigidity, and damping control for a more sportier ride without compromising comfort over bad surfaces. The top yoke is a milled piece too, now to bring it more in line with Yamaha's other R-bikes.
From the cockpit, another big change is the all-digital LCD instrument cluster. The engine is the same 321cc liquid-cooled parallel twin. Mechanically, there doesn't seem to be be a big change as the peak torque is listed as the same as its predecessor. However, the power figure will be revealed at the time of launch, which we expect to not change much, again.
Starts Rs 3,50,180
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application