India bound 2019 Honda BR-V facelift internationally launched
The facelifted Honda BR-V MPV has been launched in the Indonesian market. The updated MPV receives cosmetic changes, however, mechanically stays the same. The Honda BR-V debuted in the Indian market in 2016, and it is the first time the around the people mover is getting a refresh.
The Honda BR-V gets a new fascia, that includes a larger grille with more chrome highlights. brushed aluminium finished skid plate and restyled foglamps housings are in the update too. The body cladding appears to be meatier and gets chrome highlights on the sides. The rear styling stays the same. The MPV though gets a newly designed set of alloy wheels.
On the Inside, the first thing to notice is a larger infotainment screen. The new BR-V gets an eight-inch screen instead of a 6.9-inch screen in the India spec MPV. The dashboard gets a different pattern and carries a darker theme.
Mechanically, the BR-V gets the same drivetrain as before - 1.5-litre petrol mated to a six-speed manual or a CVT producing 120PS and 145Nm of torque. International spec misses out on a diesel variant.
When launched in India, the new BR-V will see a hike of Rs 50,000 across variants and we expect the drivetrains to be BSVI compliant. The 2019 Honda BR-V competes against the Renault Lodgy and the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. Internationally the prices start from Rs 11.70 lakh and go up to Rs 13.80 lakh.
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030