India-bound 2017 Hyundai Verna unveiled
The new Hyundai Verna was just unveiled at the 2016 Chengdu International Motor Show. The car seems to be heavily influenced by the Verna concept which was revealed at the 2016 Beijing Motor Show in April. It will be sold in China first, before it makes its way over to India later in 2017.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna follows the Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language which the new Elantra follows as well. The Verna measures 4,380mm long, 1,728mm wide and 1,460mm high, and has a wheelbase of 2,600mm, making it taller, longer and wider than the current Verna.
The interior as well seems to have styling cues from the Elantra. The image above shows the Verna being kitted up with an all-black interior and a screen on the centre console. It is currently unknown whether the Indian variants of the Verna will receive the same interiors.
The 2017 Verna will be available in four engine options: 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre petrol and 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre diesel. The 1.4-litre petrol engine develops 106PS of power and 135Nm of torque, whereas the 1.6-litre petrol develops 122PS of power and 155Nm of torque. These figures are similar to the current-gen car. The engines though are expected to be more efficient.
The 1.4-litre diesel develops 90PS of power and 220Nm of torque, while the 1.6-litre diesel develops 128PS of power and 260Nm of torque. The Verna will be available with a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed automatic transmission. The automatic transmissions will only be available on the 1.6-litre engine variants.
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector