Images of the Indian Chief Dark Horse leaked prior to launch
Images of the Indian Chief Dark Horse have surfaced on the internet, prior to its official launch in Chicago, USA. The Dark Horse is in essence, the same Indian Chief that is currently in the market, with only a new blacked out theme to distinguish it from the other Chiefs. In effect, the new exterior theme has certainly increased the appeal of the essentially retro motorcycle.
Almost every bit of the new bike is swathed in a shade of black, accentuated by chrome strips on the front and rear fenders, chrome levers, and chrome exhausts. The V-twin engine too gets the black treatment. The wire spoked rims which are shod with white walled tyres on the Chief Classic are replaced by black alloy-wheels and tyres. The headlamp area and front forks are also covered in a shade of black. The new motorcycle also ditches the additional twin headlights that were placed on either side of the main headlight. Overall, the bike looks stunning in the images.
Mechanically, the bike will retain the same 1811cc, Thunderstroke motor that produces 139Nm of torque all of which is transmitted to the belt driven rear wheel by a 6-speed gearbox. The price of the new Indian Chief Dark Horse will be revealed at the launch during the Progressive International Motor Show in Chicago. Expect the motorcycle to hit our shores by mid-2015.
More from OVERDRIVE on Indian Motorcycle:
Starts Rs 18,81,000
Starts Rs 12,69,500
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - Views of T. R. Raghunandan, Ex-IAS officer