Images of Mercedes-Benz GLS leaked ahead of debut
The images of the updated 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLS have been leaked before its showcase at the Los Angeles Motor Show. This full size luxury SUV will replace the GL-Class in India. The leaked photos show that there are minor changes on the car that include new multi-beam LED lights and DRLs, revised grille, tail lights and bumpers. The overall design remains the same. From the inside, it is expected to get the Comand infotainment system which is present in the new C-Class. Updated buttons, instrument cluster and multifunctional steering wheel are also expected.
The current Mercedes-Benz GL-Class gets two engine options - the GL 350 CDI gets a 3.0-litre V6 with an output of 258PS/619Nm and the GL 63 AMG gets a 5.5-litre V8 that produces 557PS/760Nm with a top speed of 250kmph and can do a sprint of 0-100kmph in 5.5 seconds. Both get 7-speed automatic transmission. The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLS is expected to get improved power and torque figures and a new 9-speed automatic gearbox.
The GL-Class is priced at Rs 77.5lakh and goes up to Rs 1.75 crore, ex-Delhi. After its launch in India, the GLS is expected to be assembled at Mercedes' Chakan plant in Pune, just like the GL and the GLE.
Starts Rs 99.9 Lakhs
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each
- NewsNew Hyundai entry-level SUV named Bayon
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits