Image gallery: Vazirani Shul EV hypercar Mumbai showcase
The Shul is being developed by Vazirani Automotive, a Mumbai based firm founded by Chunky Vazirani, a designer with past experience working with Rolls Royce, Jaguar Land Rover and Volvo. The Shul sits on a carbon-fibre tub chassis with a 300 kg battery pack that sits on the floor behind the driver. Most interesting is the Shul's powertrain. It uses a microturbine to charge the batteries. This feeds power to four electric motors, one on each wheel. A single ratio transmission connects the two, much like the Regera. The electric motors allow it to have torque-vectoring capabilities and also the range-extender turbine allows it to have as much range as a conventionally powered car. The turbine can run on regular petrol.
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know