Image gallery: Suzuki Jimny SUV shown at 2018 Paris Motor Show
The Jimny is an iconic model in Suzuki's line-up and has been sold under various nameplates/badges all over the world since 1970. This new model has been a long time coming, the third generation Jimny made its debut in 1998.
The 2018 Jimny continues to be a 2-door design and a serious off-roader with ladder frame construction, four-wheel drive with low-range gearing and high-profile tyres. The green car in these images.
The fourth-gen Jimny will continues the heavily retro design theme of the earlier cars. The front grille has a 5-slat design. It is flanked by circular headlamps on either side. The headlamp housings host separated circular turn-signals. The front bumper looks minimalist but functional and houses the fog lamps and a prominent air intake. The Jimny's flared wheel arches get a dark plastic cladding. The theme is carried over inside as well. The dash has a blocky design throughout with separate housings for the gauges. There is an 80's style square housing for the touchscreen, round air con vents and toggle switches. The styling is, unsurprisingly, quite reminiscent of the Maruti Gypsy.
The green car seen here is powered by the 1.5-litre petrol engine, similar to the one that debuted in India in the new Ciaz. A number of other engine options are available globally.
- NewsEV chargers planned for over 69,000 petrol pumps across India
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021