Image gallery: India-bound Ducati Monster 797
Ducati has showcased an entry-level Monster 797 at the ongoing EICMA in Milan. It features the same air-cooled two-valve motor that powers the Ducati Scrambler. The Desmodue L-Twin 803cc motor puts out 75PS of power and is also Euro-IV compliant. More importantly, Ducati will bring in the Monster 797 to India next year through the CBU route from Thailand. Considering the lower duty implications for Thai-sourced imports, the ex-showroom prices of the Monster 797 should be close to Rs 7-8 lakh. Get all details of the new Ducati Monster 797 here.
The Ducati Monster 797 closely resembles its elder siblings in design
The underpinning of Monster 797 is the same tubular Ducati trellis frame seen on the other Monster offerings
The fully exposed motor, with the 16.5-litre steel tank and the round headlight along with its compact dimensions, gives the 797 a muscular look
The Ducati Monster 797 gets 120/70 ZR17 tyre at the front and 180/55 ZR17 tyre at the rear
It comes with a Kayaba 43mm non-adjustable fork with 130mm of travel while the rear gets a Sachs monoshock with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping. The Monster 797 is offered with a Brembo braking system with Bosch 9.1 MP ABS as standard
Ducati is offering 10-spoke alloy wheels with Pirelli Diablo Rosso II dual-compound tyres
The new iteration shares its design inspiration from the original, iconic naked bike that debuted in the '90s
For more stories on EICMA 2016, click here.
Starts Rs 8,08,000
Starts Rs 7,89,000
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet