Image gallery: 2019 Porsche Taycan EV
Porsche has unveiled its first all-electric car, the Porsche Taycan. Two versions are available with Turbo and Turbo S and numerous world-first tech-bits like a two-speed transmission, the most efficient electric motors ever put on a production EV and an 800V electric system will also for rapid charge times.
The power output for the Turbo is 625PS, although a 3s overboost function bumps this up to 680PS. This and the 850Nm torque figure lets the Turbo get to 100 kmph from standstill in 3.2s. The Turbo S bumps the overboost power figure up to 761PS and the torque number to 1,050 Nm. This drops the 0 to 100 kmph time to 2.8s. Both cars have the same 280 kmph top-speed. The WLTP certified range for the Turbo is 450 km which drops to 412 km for the Turbo S.
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions