Image gallery: 2019 BMW 8 Series convertible
The BMW 8 Series gets a soft-top that can be opened and closed in 15s and up to speeds of 50kmph. Other features specific to the drop-top is the unique underbody protection to compensate for the lack of a fixed roof. The windscreen frame has also been fortified and rollover bars have been provided which can be deployed by pyrotechnic discharges in the event of a mishap. More equipment specific to the drop-top version are a pop-up wind deflector in the back and neck warmers integrated into the front headrests.
Mechanically, there is no difference between the coupe and convertible. The first is in the M850i, which uses a reworked version of BMW's 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8. This engine gets a 68PS bump in power, now making 530PS and 750Nm. This gets the car from 0 to 100kmph in 3.7s and on to a top speed of 250kmph.
See more pictures of the BMW 8 Series convertible below:
Also see: 2019 BMW 8 Series Convertible first drive video review
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
- 2021 Jeep Compass facelift road test review
- Skoda Rapid Rider relaunched in India, priced at Rs 7.79 lakh
- Government approves green tax proposal and scrappage policy, effective April 2022
- Honda Grazia Sports Edition launched at Rs. 82,564
- Lexus LS 500h Nishijin launched in India, priced at Rs 2.22 crore